Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's A Girl!!

Kyle and I got up very early Friday morning to make our 7:15am appointment for our ultrasound. I didn't sleep very well the night before due to some excitement for the next day's activities, so we were ready to go and arrived before the doctor's office was open.

Our excitement grew as we saw our child on the monitor for the first time since our small ultrasound at my OB's office. The technician went through each organ which was amazing! We saw all four chambers of the heart, the blood flow, the small kidneys, etc. As she got down to the leg bones we started looking to see if we could tell what gender our baby was. We didn't see any "obvious" sign of a boy, but that didn't mean Kyle and I exactly knew what we were looking at. Then she said it, "It looks like a girl!". I immediately said, "What? Are you serious?" She followed by explaining yes, it was a girl, but I just laid there with tears running down my face and said "My mom's going to freak!". Nice thing to say when you just found our you're having a daughter, right? :) Kyle and I smiled and held hands as she looked at the head and arms. Everything was perfectly in place and looked great. We walked out with a CD and printout of pictures and immediately called our moms. (My mom did freak out by the way- Kyle could hear her screaming over the phone as he was talking to his mom).

To celebrate that night we went to dinner, to see my school's Basketball game and then a short trip to Baby Gap- we had to get just one little pink outfit right away. We had so much fun looking at all the cute clothes, but our eyes widened when we saw how much they can charge for such a little amount of material!

So, here she is, our little girl! We love her so much already!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story and wonderful news about a healthy, baby girl! We are looking forward to meeting her, as I'm sure you both are too. Hugs and kisses. P.S. - We can finally shop in the "pink" section, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete